This page gives a brief resumé of the projects that the club agreed at its Assembly on June 16, 2016.
Youth Service – Pam Spokes/Jasbir Mann
- Young Writer
- Rotary Stars
- Young Musician
- Leicester Rotaract
- Partnership working to sponsor candidates in other competitions.
- Assist Leicester Club with their Technology Tournament
All funds to be raised for entry fees and expenses through providing catering at Young Musician events in 2017.
Membership – Sarita Shah
- Attending and assisting at more community based events to spread the word of Rotary
- Distribution of flyers and information about Rotary
- Hold an interest meeting for our club
Hands on work needed here. Support will be received from the district for the interest meeting and RIBI for print.
Treasury – Sheema Karia
- Come to a collective decision on the club being set up as a charity
- Collect all monies and distribute to agreed charities at the end of the year
- Report with regular consistency at Business Meetings on treasury matters
Communications – Jason Chauhan/Jim Matthews
- Publish information about Rotary and events in local newspapers/magazines.
- Maintain and look into ways to improve our website – can we increase the number of people visiting our website?
- Promote our activities on other channels such as Youtube/LeicsTv
- Facebook & Twitter by Gemma, Jim and others.
Community – Jim Matthews/Sarita Shah
- Repeat canal boat trip. Perhaps for the homeless
–Cost: £10 per guest, plus catering.
- Continue working on environmental projects like Walnut Street
–Cost: minimal. Benefits for membership/publicity/we get a speaker
- Continue working alongside Leicester City of Sanctuary (day trip to Alrewas? Offering regular practical help)
–Cost: unknown. Benefits for membership/publicity/we get a speaker
- KYBP (Stroke Awareness). With other club(s)?
–Cost: minimal (even if we do it alone). Benefits: publicity
- RYLA or Calvert (with other clubs & Rotaract)
–Cost: (£100-£350) We get a speaker
To raise funds for this activity we will arrange a Village Treasure Hunt event and hold street collections.
Vocational Service – Adrian McGreevy
- Mock Interviews
- School Education Visits
- Further development of Apprentice Schemes
- Apply our vocational talents to the problems and needs of society as they arise.
Rotary Foundation – Frazer Robson
- District Grant for a Rotary Peace Garden at Falcons Primary School
- Purple Pinky Campaign – Rotary Crocuses
- Raising funds for ‘Our Charity’ through a Christmas street collection and sale of the purple fabric crocuses
International – Pradeep Popat
- Jaipur Limbs
- Healing Little Hearts
Raising funds by working with local schools and donations from businesses
Other roles and plans
- Programme Secretary David Clorley
- Health & Safety Herbert Thurston
- Fellowship and Fundraising Diana Thurston
- Protection/Compliance Channi Riyait